These pickles are so yummy and they didn't last more than a couple of days in the fridge because my hubby ate them all up! This year we planted
. We had so many I just had to try pickling my own. These cucumbers are also very delightful by themselves. I'm pretty sure these are okay on my current
4 cups of white distilled vinegar
5 cups of water
6 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of red pepper chili flakes.
*You can also add dill to this recipe. I, however, did not because we didn't have any in the pantry.
1. Clean and wash your cucumbers. Once they are washed slice them length wise.
2. Arrange your cucumber slices in your Ball Jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes per jar
- Add 3 cloves of garlic to each jar
3. In a large pan, boil the water and white vinegar. Once it comes to a boil, ladle into each jar. Fill to the very top and put top on. Screw the ring on tightly.
4. Turn your jars upside down a couple of times and allow them to sit on the counter for 12 hours. Turn your jars again and allow them to sit upside down for another 12 hours.