Let's take a minute and talk about a little thing I recently discovered called
. I know my husband, an avid supporter of Google, will appreciate this post. I still can't believe it's taken me this long to figure this thing out!!!
Google Forms is a great tool to use with your troop planning. As a troop leader, I like to get feedback from the parents about the direction of the troop. I have a Shutterfly Sharesite for them to access and I am always trying to find better ways to communicate. For some, it's a struggle to get a parent to just respond if their Girl Scout will be attending a field trip let alone have them complete a year end survey on a website that needs a password.
can make your life a little easier. You can create forms/surveys and email them out to your troop. You can either share the link to the online survey or you can have the survey sent right to their inbox for them to complete. There is no real excuse why they can't do this. Some will fail at this too but it doesn't get any easier than this!
Here are some examples of ways you can use this feature...
Create a year end survey for the parents.
I ask questions such as...
- How do you feel about the frequency of the meetings
- How does the day and time of meetings work for you
- What does your child enjoy most about the program
- Making friendships
- Arts and crafts
- Learning new things
- Badge earning
- What do you or you child wish to do more of with this program
- Are you comfortable with overnight troop camping?
- Are you looking to volunteer?
- What of expertise can you contribute to the troop
- First Aid and CPR
- Arts and Crafts
Event and field trip RSVP
- Name (text option)
- Will your child attend xxx field trip (choose from list is drop down option)
- will you be able to volunteer and drive?
- If so, how many people can you fit in your car?
Do you have any fun tips or tools you like to use for your troop? Please share in the comments. Sharing is caring!