Perfect for your end of the year party or court of awards! These are available for free to download through our Mighty Girls Rock Community group on Facebook! Just look under the "files" section. Come join us!
Well Ladies, it's that time of year that I start planning out our troop's year end Court of Awards ceremony. I like to save the last couple badges the girls earned for their ceremony along with our Cookie Awards. We try and make this day as special as we can as we close the year.
As part of this year's planning I am in the process of creating a themed printable set for the party. Right now I just have the troop banner. Time has gotten away from me creating the whole set... which will probably wait until next year. But for now, I leave you with this....
Here it is!
You can purchase the printable banner below!
For your next Court of Awards or troop party this is the perfect troop party banner! Colors are Mint/light green, dark green, and pink.
***Digital file only. Your purchase will be for a printable digital file that you can print off of your own computer. I recommend using a thick cardstock for the best look and durability.
There are no refunds on digital products due to the nature of the item.
This was such a sweet idea that the girls to made for our Mother's Day tea party. It's also Daisy level approved for their little hands and they can complete this in under 10 minutes!
- 2 - 6 inch strips of white ribbon
- 2 - 6 inch strips of yellow ribbon
- 2 inch Yellow circles from construction paper or card stock (2 per girl)
- 12 in yellow ribbon
- 5 cupcake liners ( we used white)
- Brass paper brads
- Pin or brooch pins (optional if you do a boutonniere)
What you do...
- Have the girls put their name on one of the yellow circles and turn facing down toward the table. Put some glue on top of the circle and lay the 2 white pieces of ribbon making a v shape starting from the middle of the circle and extending past the yellow paper.
- Add a dab of glue on top of the white ribbons and lay the yellow ribbons on top.
- Add another dab of glue and take the other yellow circle and place directly on top like you are sandwiching the ribbons between the 2 yellow circles. Set aside to dry.
- Take your brass brad and one of your cupcake liners. Punch the brad through the center of the liner with the liner coning the flat back. Do this with the rest of the cupcake liners. Open up your brass brad.
- Fold and crinkle the liners closed to look like a blooming flower. Start with the first liner and fold and crinkle one by one around the previous liner. It doesn't need to be perfect because each flower is unique.
- Glue the flat bottom of the cupcake liners onto the center of your yellow circle and allow to dry completely (couple hours).
- For a corsage: take a 12 inch strip of ribbon and glue at the middle of the ribbon to the bottom of the carnation so you can tie it around a wrist. For a boutonniere: You can use a single pin or you can hot glue brooch pins to the back to create a pin.
I thought this was such a cute idea and easy for any kid to do. It makes a great Mother's day gift too!